PSSR Coffee Machine Testing Regulations
What you need to know
If you own a coffee machine that uses a pressurised steam boiler it must be PSSR tested even when a new installation.
You have a statutory obligation under HSE and the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 to have your machine tested and certified with a written scheme of examination every year (We allow a 2 month grace period on top of this).
The Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 require pressure systems to be inspected in accordance with a Written Scheme of Examination. The test is designed to prevent serious injury from the hazard of stored energy.
- The Regulations apply to owners and users of systems containing ‘relevant fluids’ (which include steam, gases under pressure and any fluids kept artificially under pressure and which become gases when released into the atmosphere).
- The term ‘fluids’ includes gases and liquids which are capable of exerting a vapour pressure.
- Coffee Machine boilers operate at 100°C and over, which comes under the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations.
What you need to do
If you continue to use a coffee machine with a steam boiler without the required testing, you will be in contravention of the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 (PSSR) which will first and foremost, invalidate a comprehensive insurance claim made regarding any incident on that machine.
We Can Help
Coffee boilers incorporating a pressure vessel that are used in a commercial location (e.g. cappuccino makers) and generate steam, cappuccino makers for example, come under this requirement of PSSR.
Get in contact with us if your machine is due for its boiler certification as we can help you meet your requirement.
- This statutory examination is designed to ensure that the pressure systems within your commercial coffee machine are “safe”
- You get a certificate and stay compliant
- All of our Coffee machines sold come with the PSSR certificate and the written scheme of examination.
- Our service contracts also include the yearly PSSR testing and certification.
Xpress Coffee Services Ltd
17 & 20 The Granary
Lodge Farm Business Centre
Bucks. MK19 7ES. (Click Here To Find Us)
Tel: 0800 0828 707
Fax: 0871 208 1616
Int Tel: +44 1908 337986
Commercial Sales & Servicing: 0845 8802 393
Company Reg Number: 07668465 | VAT Number: GB 249 7089 61